After application of your tattoo …
• Keep the bandage on for at least one hour, cleanse the tattooed area with a mild soap and warm water, lightly pat dry.
• Apply a coat of Curel or Lubriderm Fragrance Free Lotion.
• Lotions should be applied made whenever you feel the area drying and pulling, multiple times a day, as needed.
• Your applications are keeping the area moist and temporarily replacing the natural oils to the top layers of your skin.
• Your skin cells are busy repairing the tattooed area.
THE DONT ’S:
• Do not rebandage, rub, scrub, scratch or pick at your new tattoo
• Do not let your tattoo dry out. Do not use Vaseline or bacatracine
• Do not expose your new tattoo to sunlight for at least two weeks
• Do not soak in a sauna, steam bath, bathtub or go swimming for at least 2 weeks. There will be a period when dead dry skin will flake off. After this time there will be a period of adjustment for the new skin. It is advisable to apply lotion (unscented) to the new tattoo.
You should consult with a health practitioner at first sign of infection, allergic reaction, or adverse reaction resulting form the application of the tattoo and be sure to report it to your tattoo artist for your future safety.